Re: [IRCA] Re Daytime DX

Here is NW OR, I get all the AM stations from the Lower Mainland.
CBU-690 is by far the strongest with their main lode aimed right at me.
Listenable on car radios. CKWX-1130 is second in signal, followed by
CKNW-980 and CKMJ-730. CKNW puts about 4500 watts ERP to the SW. Next is
probably CISL-650, fair days. Then RJ-1200, then CKST-1040, which is
much weaker days and nights than they were at the old site. If anyone
strong was on 1040 days, CKST would be pretty much wiped out. According
to their old pattern, they put hardly anything S/SW days. Followed by
CFUN-1410, then CJVB-1470, which is QRMed by KELA Centralia, and last
CHMB-1320, which is weak under KXRO days. The Victoria stations are
decent, but with CKMO-900 having the edge over CFAX-1070. I am about
200+ miles from Vancouver and 160 from Victoria as the crow flies.
Portland is far enough South to lose several of the weaker stations,
plus more QRM. Living in Portland in the 70s for a time. CKWX was always
the best, but still weak there days. CBU was probably second, followed
by the old CKLG  (CKMJ).

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin