[IRCA] Chalk up another W

Hi all:

Propagation from the east to my QTH near Seattle was good last night, and
I managed to hear another new W station: WHKW-1220 out of Cleveland.
After listening to it fade in and out, it came back up for a TOH ID.  From
this far west, anything starting with a W, especially a new one like this
whose pattern has a null in my direction, is a treat.  Growing up in
Minnesota, I remember getting this regularly as WGAR, so it was nice to
hear another old voice again.

I pulled it in using my 9x10 foot indoor Conti Super Loop, whose signal
and profound quietness continue to surprise me.  I also made good use of
my remote variable resistance unit for the termination resistance, since
the null on a local on 1210 and a regional pest on 1220, both to the
south, varied plus/minus a couple hundred ohms or so over the course of
several minutes, and I had to constantly tweak it in until the ID came.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA