[IRCA] Haida Gwaii DX

No,no, not from me, I'm not in Haida Gwaii.  But I just got off the phone with Walt Salmaniw, who is taking advantage of his winter holiday to DX from the family cabin on the north coast (officially named Haida Gwaii now; Queen Charlotte is spinning in her grave).   He doesn't have internet access there, except for very slow downloads, but wanted to pass on some of his DXing observations

The upshot is that last night was a fabulous night for DX there, lots of Europeans,  and lots of over the pole DX, including armchair copy on Afghanistan-1296.   Fortunately, he will be bringing back lots of Perseus recordings.   This morning was more over the pole, including Iran, Iraq, India, Sri Lanka etc. and East Asians, though the Japanese weren't doing so well.    And....as far as over the pole stuff, it didn't fade out today, still coming in at midday.

Dream on about such things happening here though....not even a weak carrier on 1575 yet.

best wishes,

Nick