Re: [IRCA] Wspt 1010

Just a note here. The approved and listed night powers for a lot of these stations are very small, and it is not at all uncommon for stations to either sometimes or even regularly forget to switch to their night facilities, running instead with either Critical Hours or Post-Sunset facilities ( or even day facilities ) instead. This happens because thanks to budget cuts, the FCC no longer enforces these kinds of things unless they receive complaints of interference from other stations who are affected.

I for one don't much keep track of what power a station might have been running nor what antenna pattern in those cases simply because there's just no way to know. You may indeed have heard one at 10 watts or another at 37 watts. It can and does happen. But there's no way to know for sure.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id