Re: [IRCA] Late night on 860

At 12:35 PM 12/19/2009, you wrote:
>12- 18-09  23:00 to 00:00 PST-Victoria BC: Crystal Clear Signal on 860 -CBC Radio One from Prince Rupert BC at one point matching signal strength with 690 Vancouver.Heard them IDing as "This is CBC Radio One 88.3 FM  in Fort St.John. Canada Lives Here" while 690 ID'd as This is CBC Radio One 690 AM and 88.1 FM in Vancouver. Canada lives Here I wonder why the 860 is IDing as Ft.St John instead of Prince Rupert.This is not a one time catch .I've heard them several times IDing the wrong location and freq. Some fading and mixing occured during the hour but P.R owned the Freq most of the time.                          Also,when catching several IDs and newscasts at TOH all but one CBC signals are in sync. -540,740,990,1010,860,and 88.1 Van and 90.5 in Vic are all synchronized while 690 is behind by about 1 second .What could be the reason for the delay? Any experts out there with ideas?  Bill in BC

That's an easy one, Bill.  They simply ID the various transmitter locations.  There's no Prince Rupert studio anymore, I think.  Isn't it all from Prince George now?  I've heard 860 ID as Prince George, on whatever frequency is used there.  Come to think of it, our local 90.5 CBC Radio 1 often also announces where you can hear CBC in it's coverage area, like 99.5 in Sooke and Metchosin.  It's advertising, that's all....Walt