[IRCA] Algeria-549 LOUD on car radio

Friday Dec 11 2227-2237 UTC while in the parking lot of the MBTA
(Subway) station in Quincy, MA and then driving south on Rt 3 in
Braintree: Algeria-549 obliterating WDEV-550 VT with Arabic teletalk
for a solid ten minutes. When the audio finally faded the 1 kHz het was
brutal. I wonder if some of the 550 kHz East Coast US stations will
receive complaints from listeners. "What's with that annoying
"whistle" on your station?" And, if so, what the stations like WDDZ
WDEV WSVA WAYR WGR will do about it. Complain to the FCC? Then what?
I can't imagine President Obama calling the leader of Algeria with,
"Uh, gee, listen, could you have your radio people turn down the juice
on that 549 transmitter? It's killing East Coast stations over here."
:o)

Marc DeLorenzo
South Dennis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://www.wtfda.info/showthread.php?t=228