[IRCA] TPs in DC

After TiVOing and listening live for TPs since the last 'window on Asia' back on Nov. 19th, yesterday saw more than tempting, whispery, ghost-like vertical traces running down the Perseus screen.

774kHz produced enough 'oomph' to give a little audio, albeit barely above 'imagination level' at ~0930utc:

<http://realmonitor.com/stations/japan-774-091210-0927ut.wav>

[female voice in what sure sounds like Japanese to me deep in the noise]

The pattern seems to have changed a bit in that the best signals are 'early', shortly after Asian sunset rather than just before ECNA sunrise.

With that in mind, last night I set the Persues to record the whole band starting at 0750utc [sunrise for Tokyo is about 0715utc or so].  Unfortunately, I forgot to switch the antenna to 'North' and wasted the first hour or so until I got up around 0840utc.

Since then I've been watching [listening?] to some decent traces on 774, 747, 828, 972, 945 and this morning's 'star' 873kHz.

Won't know if I have any audio 'til reviewing 'the tapes' but even 'chasing traces' is fun!