Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Off-Frequency 790 UnID

I recall WNIS being off freq a few months back.. 73 KAZ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Barry McLarnon
  To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:05 PM
  Subject: [ABDX] Off-Frequency 790 UnID

  For some time I've been noticing a station creating an audible het on
  790 - the carrier frequency is 789.784. Last night I was able to get
  some audio from them - no ID, but they ran a promo for Coast to Coast
  AM. Unfortunately, that doesn't narrow things down all that much -
  the C2C website lists no less than 9 stations on 790 that carry the
  program: KNST-AZ, WGRA-GA, WSGW-MI, KFGO-ND, WTNY-NY, WAEB-PA,
  KFYO-TX, WNIS-VA, and KGMI-WA. I've heard WSGW, KFGO, WTNY and WAEB
  fairly recently, and they weren't significantly off frequency, so
  that eliminates them unless something happened to them very recently.
  The AZ and WA stations are quite unlikely to be heard here, so that
  leaves the GA, TX, and VA stations as the main suspects. Anybody
  else hearing this station? Some more ears needed on this case...

  Barry

  --
  Barry McLarnon VE3JF Ottawa, ON

  Reply to sender | Reply to group
  Messages in this topic (1)
  Recent Activity: a.. New Members 2
  Visit Your Group Start a New Topic
  The ABDX website www.abdx.org!
  MARKETPLACE
  Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living