To: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:49 PM
Subject: [NRC-AM] Arabic "chanting" [was: New TA, New Country]

I agree with Jim's comments on chanting.  I prefer to describe it as
"male a capella religious vocal music."   I know that's a bit wordy but
there's something patronizing about the term chanting.  I've also seen
words in DX News like "moaning, groaning, and wailing."   I know it can
sound that way at times but I think we should show a little more
respect for people from other cultures.

Anyway, Algeria-549 is definitely back on the air with upgraded
transmitting equipment.  Last Saturday 12/5 at sunset they were one of
the loudest and clearest TA's I've heard in the past 40 years!

Marc DeLorenzo
South Dennis, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
http://www.wtfda.info/showthread.php?t=228