Re: [IRCA] Delicast

At 17:03 12/9/2009, Jim Renfrew wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>    I'll answer your question, but copy the list, too, since some others may be wondering about this.
>
>    Delicast requires some self-orientation, that's for sure.

A very nice write up, Jim.

I think you can use globaltuners to ID a signal, however....if you hear a parallel with a radio on globaltuners, then you can listen on globaltuners until you hear an ID....if you have the time to continue listening there.

Now, your description of racing around trying to ID things while your computer freezes up on a webstream is very apt, but I figure that some of what I parallel is pretty much a local at the listening site; the Hano Bay tuner lists Pori on 963 as one of its regulars, which doesn't seem unreasonable, so the ID on the hour from there will do for me.

Another site worth checking that goes beyond Europe is http://www.multilingualbooks.com/online-radio.html which is where I got my Iran 1503 parallel from.   Of course, they also suggest R. Farda is in Iran...

Thanks again for the write up.

best wishes,

Nick