Re: [IRCA] WRUN 1150 NY QRT?

** U S A. *** NEWSFLASH - WAMC's Mt. Greylock transmitter is is back on the
air. WAMC FM 90.3: Was off the air for several hours on 11/30/09 due to a
scheduled power outage by National Grid. Power has been restored and so has
our signal. Thanks for your patience.

Announcement: We are signing WRUN-AM 1150 off the air today. It will no
longer be a part of the WAMC network. Please listen to WRUN 90.3 in Remsen.
11/30/09
(from http://www.wamc.org/engineering.html via DXLD)

A note to listeners of WRUN AM 1150 is in order. As of the
end of November we will cease operation of that station.
When we acquired WRUN it was with no expectation that
we could get an FM signal in the area. Since WRUN-FM at
90.3 came on the air this past summer we now have FM and
HD Radio signals in the area. Please tune to 90.3 for the
continuation of our service.
Until Next Month,
Good Listening! (WAMC Dec program guide via DXLD)

WRUN 1150 is/was in Utica, 5/1 kW U4. So WAMC ceases operation of it, but
is it still on the air or will it return under other ownership? Shame to just
ditch it when it could still have provided alternate programming, even
IBOC! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Overnight in the wee hours of 12/03/09 (Thursday), a friend of mine on the
way home from work, caught WRUN 1150 on the air again with frequent
"WRUN, Utica" IDs and what amounted to automated light adult contemporary and
instrumentals.

The new owner is DIGITAL RADIO BROADCASTING, INC. There is a CP to change
WRUN from 5kw day 3 tower DA, 1kw night 5 tower DA to 4kw day 4 tower DA, 370
watts night 4 tower DA and change the city of license from Utica NY to
nearby New Hartford NY.  The COL change is a result of the change in power and
pattern as the present city grade signal will no longer fall over the city of
Utica.

WRUN-AM 1150 isn't gone, it is just going through some major changes.

Bob Carter - KC4QLP - WQJK414
Mid-Atlantic-Engineering-Service of Utica NY / Elizabeth City NC

http://www.midatlanticengineeringservice.com/
WKVU-FM 100.7 Utica/Rome NY, WKVJ-FM 89.7 Dannemora/Plattsburgh NY, WKYJ-FM

88.7 Rouses Point NY,WRCK 107.3 Utica NY, WVVC-LPTV-40 Utica NY, WVVC-FM
88.5 Dolgeville NY, WKTV-DT 2 Utica NY, WFNY-AM 1440/TV-49/W233AM-FM 94.5
Gloversville NY, WNGG-FM 90.9 Gloversville NY, WNGN 91.9 Argyle NY, WNGF-FM 89.9
Swanton VT, WFBL-AM 1390 - WSEN-FM 92.1/AM 1050 Syracuse/Baldwinsville NY