[IRCA] KENC 1620

The FCC has shut down KENC-1620 in Stayton OR, a low powered unlicensed station that had apparently been operating well beyond the Part 15 power limits. I hadn't known about this station until I came across the newspaper article on-line. http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20091125/COMMUNITIES/911250360/1133/KENC-no-longer-on-air

KENC even has (had) a website with the owner's version of the story and other information about the station http://www.kencradio.com/ I don't understand why he didn't go the LPFM route, which would give him better coverage.

Bruce