[IRCA] OK news: KGYN-1210, KEOR-1120

** OKLAHOMA. Since my last observation Oct 16 as in DXLD 9-077 that KGYN Guymon was very weak to inaudible in the daytime here in Enid, contrary to usual adequate groundwave signal on non-direxional 10 kW pattern, I have continued to check 1210, mainly on the caradio when aroundriving, especially in western Enid, and it had remained the same.

But Nov 22 at 2045 UT it was back to its old self, with country music and 2053 ID as ``serving five states … US Country, KGYN 1210``. So I am even more convinced that in the interim they had been stuck on the direxional night pattern westward, null eastward, even in the daytime, and/or at much reduced power. Signal quite steady and I don`t think skywave had kicked in yet, nor on other frequencies north/eastward, tho it would also have been weaker that way while direxional-daytime.

BTW, from the middle of No Man`s Land, it would be hard *not* to serve five states. But that sounds a lot more impressive than KGWA-960, Enid, Garfield County, proudly but too modestly asserting ``serving 5 of the greatest counties in Oklahoma`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Wouldn`t you know it, I spoke too soon about KGYN 1210 Guymon being back to normal with daytime groundwave signal reaching as far as Enid, as heard Nov 22. 24 hours later, Nov 23, also monitoring on caradio in western Enid, at several chex around 1945-2115 UT, nothing heard at all. Except a very weak SAH from who knows what marginal signals. KGYN could have been off the air. Something is certainly going on there with its transmission problems (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1120, KEOR, Nov 23, several chex 1945-2045 UT, back to playing album cuts, sometimes with long pauses, old jazz songs, Billie Holliday? No more DJ or highly-produced 1340 simulcast. By 2115 KMOX was dominating frequency altho KEOR carrier still seemed to be there. What`s next? (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###