[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 11-22... Another Late Surprise

[IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 11-22... Another Late Surprise

Hello All,

The morning TP propagation here was kind of in between the
"pre-Thanksgiving turkey" reported by Bruce, and the "very enjoyable JJ  morning" mentioned
by John.

It certainly started out like Bruce's version, with all the TP's seriously
down in strength prior to 1500-- even all the NHK powerhouses. 738-Taiwan
and  972-HLCA were also both very anemic. With the recent unfavorable solar
conditions, it seemed pretty hopeless that the morning would amount to  much.

Having gone to the trouble of setting up two large PVC loops in the rainy
back yard, however, I decided to stick around to see if any miracles would
happen. Sure enough, around 1515 the entire band seemed to get a weird
boost,  and suddenly all the NHK powerhouses (and many other TP's) rejuvenated
themselves to fairly decent levels. I checked 1503 kHz and found JOUK with
fine  audio (like John noticed), and had fairly good audio on 756-CNR1,
639-CNR1  and 666-JOBK.

Checking 603 kHz at 1517 UTC, I noticed HLSA fairly strong with its KBS2
music program (playing John Denver's "Take Me Home Country Roads"), but there
 was a mumbling co-channel that I assumed would be the usual UnID Chinese.
The  voice inflection sure didn't sound Chinese, however, and I listened a
little  closer. During the voice peaks the co-channel sounded Japanese, and
had the same NHK1 voices that I had heard on 594-JOAK only a minute  earlier:

_http://www.mediafire.com/?vmqyyzv4y3w_
(http://www.mediafire.com/?vmqyyzv4y3w)

Going back to 594 kHz I confirmed the // with 594-JOAK, so this mumbling
NHK1 synchro station on 603 khz was a new Ultralight TP logging for me
(#117). During the very brief (but decent) sunrise enhancement  around 1518 even
594-JOAK itself had a co-channel on the frequency,  which sounded more like
the UnID Chinese than the Korean.

The fun was over around 1525, however, as the TP's started fading for good.
 With the Asian DX season already far past its prime, though, I guess it's
a  time for Thanksgiving whenever a new TP shows up :-)

73, Gary DeBock

Spotting receiver:  Modified ICF-2010 (30" loopstick)
Main receiver:  Modified C.Crane SWP (7.5" Slider loopstick + CFJ455K5  IF
filter)
9' and 6' (side) PVC tuned passive loops (in the rainy back  yard)