Re: [IRCA] Recent TA/TP DX

Unfortunately, my source was inferior, a 2006 WRTH. But it sure was a strange sounding program. Thanks for the reply. Guess it will forever remain a mystery what it was. 73, George S., MN

--- On Fri, 11/20/09, Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Barry McLarnon <bdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Recent TA/TP DX
Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 6:10 PM

On Friday 20 November 2009 14:46, George Sherman wrote:
> A couple evenings ago on 594, using Eton E1 & 8" Quantum loop, I
> heard what sounded like low pitched (presumably some men) soft
> vocal sounds not quite like singing. Is it safe to assume this was
> the Catholic station in Portugal, listed as 100kw? 73, George S.,
> MN

Where did you find this listing, George?  The Portuguese station on
594 (listed on the European Medium Wave Guide as 60-80 kW) is Radio
Sim, and they are not religious - whenever I've heard them, they've
been playing pop music.  You can listen online at
http://www.radiosim.pt. ; The other stations heard here on 594 are in
Saudi Arabia and Germany, but it's hard to say which station you
might have heard.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON