[IRCA] Another day at the TP dials

This morning was different from yesterday, but not necessarily better or worse. Just different. There was more domestic splash than normal, which masked audio from some otherwise good signals.
Here's what I captured in the SDR files today:

Really good audio, easily understood by a native speaker, for a short time at least
594   Japan w/unid in background
747   Japan
1170 KBS was killing KPUG for a while w/woman in Korean after 1500, CNR1 pips were also there at 1500

OK audio, parts of it would be understandable by a native speaker
549   Russia, woman w/news at 1402
603   Korea, but only for a minute or so
639   China
648   Voice of Russia
675   Vietnam, briefly
693   Japan
774   Japan
780   KNOM
828   Japan

Marginal audio, could recognize program content but most of it wouldn't be understandable
540   China, pips way u/CBK, first time this season
567   Japan, nice signal, would've been listenable without the KVI splash
621   unid
603   China, 2 sets of pips at 1400
657   N Korea
666   Japan
729   Mix of China & Japan
738   Mix of Taiwan, Korea, and one other
756   China
783   unid
855   N Korea mixing w/someone else
1188 Presumed S Korea, decent carrier, but was getting clobbered by KOFI of all things. KEX wasn't a problem
1134   Korea
1206    Yanbian, with more 1200/1210 splash than usual
1269   Japan
1278   Japan
1287   Japan

Carriers with real or imaginary audio
558 576 585 612 621 837 846 864 909 1116 1125 1143 1197 1215 1224 1242 1296

Maybe some day I'll venture above 1300 again

Bruce in Seattle
SDR-IQ receiver
K9AY antenna