[IRCA] Ewe 2 and TA report

Santa disguised as UPS employee dropped off a Tecsun PL310 from Hong Kong
and a Wellbrook FLG100 unit from the UK yesterday.  The plan is to upgrade
my lonely Ewe with the Wellbrook unit.  In that I use twin feed for feeding
the ewe, and the unit is equipped with bnc connectors, I'll have to splice
the twin feed to short sections with male connectors cut out of bnc
pre-rigged coax.  I'm hoping to see a signal boost without a corresponding
noise increase with the unit; however, I have not been disappointed with the
ewe as is.

In the meantime, at 0130 Z, I received strong audio last night on 585 and
855 Spain, 945 France, 1089 UK and 1521 Saudi Arabia.  I was also a first
time listener to clear audio on 1035 Portugal and 1476 Spain.

1089 UK has become a reliable regular the past two weeks.  It benefits
immensely from LSB use; so far, it is the only TA wherein SSB is useful.
There are times when SSB is not needed, but if I hear a mash of signals with
the strong het at 1089, I toggle on LSB and, almost magically, clear audio
emerges from the UK without any other signal in the background.

73 Gil
Drake R8B
18'x 40'x18' Ewe, 130 degrees
Savannah GA