Re: [IRCA] Thanks to the Sydney DXers

Hello Walt,

Greetings from western Washington, where we are about to enter our 6-month
rainy season (to which I'm sure Victoria DXers can relate).

In reference to your modified Eton E100, the reason why the radio will not
tune higher than 1620 kHz is because you have selected 9 kHz tuning steps
(and  the radio assumes that you are in an area without any stations on the
X-band).

Correcting this problem is very easy, and simply involves shifting back to
10 kHz tuning steps. With the radio off, press and release the "SYS SET"
button  (this is the same as the "ENTER" button, when you are directly
inputting a  frequency). Within three seconds, press "1" and "0" on  the keypad,
then again press the "ENTER" button. The display will then  indicate "10 khz,"
to confirm that you have selected 10 kHz tuning steps. When  you turn the
E100 back on, it will then tune from 520-1710 kHz in 10 kHz  steps.

Even with 10 kHz tuning steps selected, you may still enter the 9 kHz-split
 frequencies on the keypad, or tune them in manually with the tuning  knob.
During all my DXing with the E100 Sliders, I would always leave the  radio
in the 10 kHz step system, since you can tune in the entire 520-1710 kHz
range wherever you go.

73 and Have Fun,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

In a message dated 11/1/2009 9:29:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,