[IRCA] TP DX Not as good as yesterday

DXwise, it sure feels like November. I had a few glimmers of hope last night just before I went to bed. WBBM was killing KKOH, CFZM was poking through CBX/KCBS, talk shows were audible under KBOI CJDC and KGO, and NHK stations were already coming in nicely on 747 and 594. That was at 0730. Any hopes of a decent opening were quickly dashed when I started playing back this morning's recordings. Signal levels were down quite a bit from yesterday. Even the usual powerhouses like 747 774 693 594 1206 and 972 were having trrouble. Either they had wild fluctuations in strength or they were consistently weaker.

Here's what I caught 1225-1500, such as it is:

Really nice audio, a native speaker could understand most of it, even if only briefly
747 Japan, but only very briefly.  Sometimes it was down in the mud

Somewhat OK audio, a native speaker could understand a few words and phrases
774 Japan briefly
972 Korea

Marginal audio, could recognize program content and that was about it:
594 Japan
612 Japan
675 unid
693 Japan
738 Taiwan and/or Korea
783 unid
828 Japan
864 2+1 pips, and woman in unid langfuage 1400
981 CNR
1017 CRI
1206 Yanbian
1566 HLAZ
1575 VOA

Carriers
549 558 576 585 603 621 639 657 666 702 729 756 792 837 846 855 927 1026 1035 1053 1098 1107 11161278 1287

Bruce in Seattle
SDR-IQ receiver, K9AY antenna