Re: [IRCA] Disheartening discovery

John Callarman wrote:
While putting together a packet of material to take to John Tudenham's gathering in Springfield, MO, late this evening, I was unable to find the photo album that I had taken to the Albuquerque convention. I thought, before I left the gathering Saturday night, I had been careful to make sure everything I brought came home with me, and I checked the room before I left ... but everywhere here that I can imagine stashing it has been searched without success.

I'll call the hotel tomorrow to see if by some chance they might have found it ... and there's a chance, if I'm lucky, that one of the convention attendees may have protected me on it. There also is a chance that it'll turn up in an unexpected place, as did my camera on our tour trip. I usually put the camera in my shirt pocket, and when I reached for it and it wasn't there, I panicked. I was sitting on it.

Some of the pictures I have uploaded to the NRC website, so some of them remain retrievable ... if I have lost the album ... but if I have lost it, I'll have to reconcile myself to the "it's only a hobby" thing and recognize that at age 74, I only have another quarter century to have enjoyed those pix!
And I do have some great pictures of some memorable people that I took in Albuquerque, to put a positive spin on it. On the way up to Springfield, I'll be stopping to visit with Scooter Segraves, in Northern Arkansas, just south of Branson, for a little one-on-one ... he'll also make an appearance at Springfield as well. I had hoped to be able to show him pix of some of the people he knew when he was active in the hobby 50 years ago.

Scooter Seagraves......a name from the past. Nice to see/hear it again. Encouraged to speak up here as my sister & hubby also live in a small town in N.W. Arkansas just south of Branson.....Omaha AR to be exact, fairly close to Harrison.

Don K.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon