Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 66, Issue 127

Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 66, Issue 127

Hi Walt,

Actually, there is a free utility that allows the MSI Wind netbook to run
the factory overclock mode on battery power. I haven't tried it, but I
downloaded the item some time ago. It is called "Bosskiller's Wind OC Patch
Tool"; you can find some information on it through Google. In theory this
will permit 1600 kHz bandwidth recording & playback with Perseus when
running the Wind on battery power.

That said, the small netbooks are useful with SDRs when portability is
important but I wouldn't want to use one for day-in, day-out use with a
radio like Perseus.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA
http://fivebelow.squarespace.com