Re: [IRCA] Laptop computer requirements for an SDR or similar receiver.

At 06:44 PM 10/25/2009, you wrote:
>I was over at Fred Meyer and Costco looking a laptop computers. I have
>been thinking about getting one down the road.
>If I buy a laptop, I might as well get one that would handle an SDR or
>similar type of receiver. What would I be looking for in a laptop that
>could handle a SDR or other type of a computer receiver? Minimum
>requirements?    Thanks.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

Patrick, just about any new laptop these days should be able to handle the Perseus SDR, and therefore, of course, the SDR-IQ.  Don't know about the others, but my MSI Wind does just fine, thank you, with Perseus on AC power, and with "Turbo-on".  I don't think you have much to worry about unless it's an older machine....Walt