From: "Bruce Portzer" <bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:26:34 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TP's for 10-23-09

vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  What has happen to the Russian
> station on 648? Have not heard it this season yet.  Past seasons
> was a regular vistor here. Have a nice weekend.

Dennis

I haven't noticed it this season either.

The VOA stopped using this freq for its Korean service earlier this
year.  It now uses a transmitter on 1350 on Mongolia, and the FEBC
transmitter in Seoul on 1188 for its broadcasts to North Korea.

That transmitter was also used for Voice of Russia broadcasts, and I'm
not sure what happened to them.  There's one more thing for me to
investigate for the PAL log.

At Grayland earlier this month, we heard a lot of weak stuff, but I
spent less time there than I should have.  I do recall Chuck thinking he
heard something with weak central Asian sounding music around sunrise,
but I don't think it ever came to more than that.

It might be worthwhile for a few peopleto check that freq on their SDR
or Perseus files from recent DXpeditions (hint hint).

Bruce