Re: [IRCA] Radio Scotland in Victoria too!!!

On Wednesday 21 October 2009 01:26, Walter Salmaniw wrote:
> To me, this is another example of the distant station on a very
> strong domestic.  In the mornings, we get 1170 from CC or KK or VOA
> Philippines cochannel to super strong KPUG.  Now in the evenings,
> it's 810 KGO with cochannel Radio Scotland.  As you noticed, no
> luck for a local ID at 05:00.  Not even sure whether they're still
> the one's cochannel, but I suspect they are...a program about
> Montana's wolves....Walt.

To me, getting a TA on 810 would be a pipe dream.  WGY has a monster
signal here, and if I can get them nulled, I hear CJVA in NB (much
stronger than they should be here at night), or an assortment of LA
signals.  This is another example of a case where it's better to be
at a greater distance from the DX!  And this isn't the only case of
TAs being heard on the west coast that I never hear here... other
examples include Germany on 1269 and 1323.  Doesn't seem fair!  I
guess one basic problem is the higher density of stations that we
have in the east (and the higher density of IBOC crud that goes with
it).  Oh well, this is not a bad location if you like DXing
domestics... which I do!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON