Re: [IRCA] Two TP's (JOIB and JOAK) heard in Calgary AB on barefoot S...

Re: [IRCA] Two TP's (JOIB and JOAK) heard in Calgary AB on barefoot S...

Congratulations Deane,

Great job on receiving both JOIB-747 and JOAK-594 on your barefoot  SRF-59!
I'm sure that was quite a thrill, and of course those were the first two
TP's I received on my own barefoot SRF-59-- in that order :-)  I also had a
laugh reading about your TR-6400 on the table-- yes, that was the receiver I
 used to log 3 TP's during my Navy years back in the 70's (JOAK-590,
JOAB-690,  and JOBB-830).

John Bryant has a very beautiful award certificate for those DXers
receiving their first TP on an Ultralight radio, so if you would really  like
something special to remember your first thrilling TP's on the SRF-59, that
would be ideal.

Good luck on more DX fun with your $15 TP-chaser!

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)