[IRCA] TA's found inside BOG last night (neilkaz)

[IRCA] TA's found inside BOG last night (neilkaz)

Kaz,
Thanks for the suggestion and heads up on the Africans.
Through serendipity I learned that aiming directly at DX with a receive
antenna is not always the best choice and that lack of noise can be more
important than actual gain.

My EWE's beam is directed 130 degrees. My home is 13 miles from the coast
and the ewe fires perpendicular to the coast.  This is the only direction I
am capable of at my qth because of lot size and suitable trees.  It  is
deadly for the Caribbean.  It is super quiet.  While I have not picked up
any European or African MW stations with it, in the late fall and winter, it
murders the LW broadcast band despite it firing 90 degrees perpendicular to
the average bearing to Europe.  My lobes lie parallel to the Eastern
Seaboard with excellent rejection towards the back which is most of the US
mainland.  A portion of one of the lobes cover's Europe and Africa,
although shrunken from ideal.  It's the quiet nature of it that makes the
difference.  Perhaps I should try for Benin, Sao Tome and Mauritiana at your
suggested times.
73 Gil