Re: [IRCA] HOT HETS

I had slightly better luck driving to work this morning with the car radio programmed for 9 kHz spacing. At 6:50PDT, I had quite good audio from NHK's English lessons on 747. Tuning down to 693, I then had a few snippets of the same voices in the CBU splatter. 981 had a screamer het, but I couldn't pull any recognizable audio (pips, theme mx, etc) at 7 am. I may have had traces of audio on 1575 a few minutes after 7, but it may have just been wishful thinking or bleedover from a domestic channel. I also checked 594 1566 and 657 without success. 594 and 1566 had gurgling noises from something digital inside the car, which will make it hard to ever hear JOAK or HLAZ. After a weekend of DXing at Grayland, I couldn't bring myself to DX from home this morning. It would have probably been anti climatic.

Bruce in Seattle

Pete Taylor wrote:
I would think someone out there in the PNW had a good morning at the dials. Driving in to work out at 6:15A PDT, healthy 1 kHz hets were noted on the car radio on 530, 550 and 1070.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 + Kiwa air core loop