[IRCA] N. Alabama DXpedition - Sep 26-27 - superb TA conditions

[IRCA] N. Alabama DXpedition - Sep 26-27 - superb TA conditions

Jim Pogue, JD Stephens and I went on a DXpedition to Joe Wheeler State Park in Northern Alabama over the weekend. We employed a Super KAZ loop antenna bearing 40 degrees and enjoyed the best inland TA session that any of us can recall. Northwestern Alabama is not what one would consider a prime TA DX hotspot by any means, but the combination of the outstanding Super KAZ loop and the excellent conditions really created a 'perfect storm' of TA DX fun.

The first night, although compromised due to local storm fronts, yielded many great logs in difficult circumstances. Last night (Sep 27 UT) was simply fantastic. Algeria, Denmark, Germany, France, Spain, England, Morocco and many other countries logged on MW and LW. I have two nights of Perseus drift net recordings to start digging through, and will post logs over the next weeks both here and on DXWW East.

It really was a joy, not to mention a big surprise, hearing DR P5 Kalundborg, Denmark on 1062 kHz signing on with a great signal and that awesome IS!

--
Brandon Jordan, Memphis, TN USA
Microtelecom Perseus SDR, WinRadio G313e