Re: [IRCA] Victoria TP's 9-27 from sizzle to fizzle

At 07:10 AM 9/27/2009, you wrote:

>Down from yesterday.
>A bit of a low band surge with some nice arm-chair
>Russia on 576 and Korean on 819 and a typical ABC ID
>on 612 (Brisbane)...
>other than that, it dove from yesterdays some-fun
>to utter hum-drum.
>Results:

As is so often the case, my observations don't sync with Colin's.  I monitored between 13:27 and 14:30 and thought that the usual stations were in quite well, and the DU stations performed better than they did yesterday AM.  I started today at 1701 and worked down for a change.  Here are my results in the usual format with "6" unless otherwise noted:

558:  Music noted at 8 level
567:  9 level NHK1 at 14:01.  Definitely a real improvement over previous years.  Often as strong or stronger than 594.
576:  Australia at 7 level at 14:00
585
594:  9 level JJ but also coch Australia at 14:03
612:  9 level at 14:03 Brisban e
621:  9 level ABC National Melbourne with news at 14:04 // to 612.  Earlier at 7 level ??CC or KK.  Noted a het from 620.935
639:  CNR1 very strong at 13:56.  Later Fiji at low modulation 7 level at 14:06
675:  Vietnam at 8 level 13:55
738:  WHAT HAPPENED TO TAHITI?  It's been a while since I've heard them here.  They were at armchair level a few weeks back, but no more.  Instead there was CC early, and
     Australia at 14:08 at 8 level.
747:  underperforming NHK2 today at 7 level
774:  9 level NHK2 and a DU at 13:53.  DU alone at 14:08 at 8 level
783:  7
792:  7
801:  6 plus WOBBLY CARRIER.  Is anyone else seeing this on the low side again today at 14:09?
819:  North Korea.  9 level //2850 with perfect modulation and rock-solid.  Not at all like their other transmitters!
828:  9 level NHK2
837
846:  7 level at 13:49
855, 873, 918, 927
936:  7 level
945
954:  7 level, best on my "S" wire at 14:11
963:  CC mostly today at 8 level.
972:  9+ level KK very strong, but with weak cochannel.
1008:  7 level growly sounding.  ?jamming or het?  Pop music at 13:46
1017:  NHK2 at 8 level and cochannel ?CRI KK
1026:  Pretty sure this was Sonshine Radio at 7 level with what sounded like a call-in show at 13:44
1053:  7 level jammer at 13:42
1134:  8 level but with serious splatter
1143, 1161, 1188
1251:  7 level with same 3 transmitters producing quite a messy buzz
1278:  talk at 7 level
1287:  JJ at 8 level 13:37
1305, 1314, 1323, 1332
1377:  7 level CNR1 at 13:33
1386, 1395, 1422, 1503, 1512
1566:  HLAZ at 8 level
1575:  VOA very strong 9 level 13:27
1593:  CC at 7 level

There you have it.  Not the best morning, but not a bad one either, and a possible Filipino for the first time this season for me.  73s,....Walt in Victoria, BC