From: Donald K. Kaskey <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] A little 1450 DX
Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 12:40 AM

Well, Callarman has been getting all the press lately so I'd better jump in.  David, your mention of WHLS immediately sent my old memory cycles spinning.  In the very early 1950s I used to hear this station (and bless them for keeping their same calls all these years) quite regularly during the early morning hours.  They were one of the few 24/6 stations in that radio era.  They had a very nice QSL card besides sending me a business card size membership in the WHLS Coffee Club (or some such).  One of the stations of that time period I still remember quite clearly (or so I think nowdays).  Oh, I was living in N.W. Iowa at the time.

Don K.
S.F. CA