Re: [IRCA] 738 Taiwan's Ragged Carrier Revealed in Perseus

Re: [IRCA] 738 Taiwan's Ragged Carrier Revealed in Perseus

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting the MP3 of Taiwan's 738 audio as heard on your
ultralight. Wow, I certainly haven't heard anything like that buzz on 738
over on this side of town! I'd suggest that maybe it's local QRM in your
vicinity, but I know Bruce, Walt, and John have heard the buzzy audio too.

That's a possibility about Perseus being more immune to the noise, but the
three guys mentioned above all have SDR receivers too. I don't think there's
anything special about Perseus compared to Bruce's SDR-IQ or John's WinRadio
that would cause the buzz to disappear or be "filtered out". The noise
blanker in Perseus works well and has two effective blanking widths, but I
rarely turn it on. The noise reduction control is used more often, but I
know I haven't tried it on Taiwan 738.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA