[IRCA] TP 19Sep09: A mixed bag from Victoria

[IRCA] TP 19Sep09: A mixed bag from Victoria

Listened between 12:52 and 14:00, along with Colin Newell who joined me at the DX shack this morning.  A real mixed bag.  Early, things were quite poor.  SF69, A4, K1.  Later, though, things really picked up with plenty of Asian action.  DU, however, was quite poor today in contrast.  Here's what was heard ("6" unless noted).

153, 189, 216, 234, 279:  all present with 189 the best RR LW at 8.5
531:  NHK1 at 8 level at 13:22 (one of the best JJ openings this season.  JJ has not been all that good here this season compared to other years)
540:  A very interesting loud rumbling sound at 13:35 pointed out by Colin.  I did hear Rhema a little later, but only at poor to fair level.
558:  JJ at 7
567:  9 level JJ //594
576:  RR at 9 level
594:  9 level NHK1
603:  CC here with multiple echos (as opposed to the usual KK tx) at 9 level
612:  barely there Brisbane today
639:  7 level Asian
675:  Very nice 9 level VoV.  Surprisingly best on my 60 deg "N" wire (likely because it's quite quiet...I'm having a minor noise issue on the W wire, presumably from a neighbour with something noisy in their homes).
720:  We heard CC here at 13:44, not JJ.  ? CNR2
738:  presumed Taiwan Fisheries station at 7 level early
747:  NHK2 at 7 level early, better later
756
774:  NHK2 at 9 level early plus cochannel
801
819:  KCBS at 7 level 13:07
828:  8 level NHK2, weaker than other NHK2 stations today
837:  CC not CNR1 at 8 level late
855:  buzzy audio.  N Korea at 7 level
864
873:  9 level JJ NHK2 at 13:40
891:  mx at 13:09 8 level ?KBS1.  No doubt Village 900 must be transmitting on reduced power or lower modulation since this season I'm consistently hearing audio on 891 (less often on 909) and I'm only several km from them and they're beamed this way.
936, 963 (both 6).  CRI RR has been a disappointment so far this season for me.  Last year they were often at armchair level.  Not so this year.
972:  KK at 8 level early
1008, 1017, 1053:  early
1143:  7 level early
1170 music under KPUG at 8 level late
1242:  8 level JOLF late
1241
1287:  JJ at 8 level early
1305
1314:  7 level early
1341:  6 level at 13:50
1422
1557 (WYFR not):  Another disappointment.  Daily visitor last year, especially later in the morning.  This year, I've only heard them once.
1566:  HLAZ at 8 level early.  Highly variable signal from them today with swings from near 10 down to 7 to 8 level over a short period of time.
1575:  VOA 9 level mostly.  There are a number of other off-channel stations cochannel, though.  I measured 3 or 4.  The strongest 2 are on 1574.928 and 1574.943.
1593

That's it from Victoria.  Better DX tomorrow!