[IRCA] TP for 16Sep09: Mostly Asia

Listened this morning from 13:06 to past 14:00.  Overall not the best morning, but definitely dominated by Asia and China.  SF69 A5 K2.  There was only a very modest DU opening post LSR, with 612 Brisbane still audible with news at 14:00 at fair to good level.  The other DU stations were quite lackluster though.  Highlight of the morning was CNR1 programming on 540 at 8 level at 13:14 // to 5030.  That was neat.  The strongest of the Asians was the Russian on 576 at 9 level at 13:18.  603 continues to shine every morning with mostly music, presumably KK.  I finally had reasonable audio on 675 from Vietnam, but had to use my 65 degree oriented corner fed loop for best reception...go figure.  I'm assuming it's due to minimal domestic splatter using this antenna compared to the normally fantastic 334 loop.  RFO at 9 level at 13:26 using my ALA.  The NHK2 stations were strong, especially 747 which was the strongest for a change this morning at 13:27.  CRI RR was a 9 at 13:16 on !
 936.  HLAZ 1566 was perhaps a tad weaker than usual, but still a solid 9 at 13:09 and VOA 1575 an 8.  Both still going strong at 13:41, which is unusual.  Not much if any X-band activity.  Overall an underperforming morning for me, but with some notable exceptions.  I do have some good Perseus recordings that I'll have a look at when I see the reports from others.....Walt in Victoria, BC