Re: [IRCA] This morning's TP DX - good stuff Comments from Victoria

Re: [IRCA] This morning's TP DX - good stuff Comments from Victoria

Bruce, went back and checked my Perseus files briefly.  My comments are noted below.  I also happened to hear 576 in Russian at excellent levels at 13:10.  Amazing what I missed just band scanning.  I heard "music" at 7 level at 13:13, presumably these guys.  Just really booming in at 13:12

At 07:34 PM 9/15/2009, you wrote:
>This was a pretty good morning for DX.  More and more stations are producing audio here as we move farther and farther into September.
>
>640   ALASKA, KYUK probably the one w.NPR news 1313, nothing readable at 1300

Bruce, went back and checked the Perseus files, and there it is, at 13:00 with a nice local ID and "Bethel, Alaska" mentioned into NPR news.

>650   ALASKA, "Newsradio 650 KENI Anchorage" ID into ABC nx o/CISL

CISL is nearly impossible to get rid of, although I have heard KENI a week or two ago.  There's another cochannel, with "Newsradio 650" heard into network news at fairly good reception at 13:01.  Likely KENI.

>657   N KOREA, 1307 woman in KK fair-good

Not bad reception at 13:00 either with usual strident programming that only could be North Korea!

>675   VIETNAM, first appearance of season, fair w/man in Vietnamese 1312

Not having a lot of luck with Vietnam yet this year.  Have heard them once, I think.  Otherwise it's DU here.  Sure enough, at 13:12 they do peak a bit.  Presumably VoV with talk by OM.

>738   S KOREA, "HLKG" call ID by woman, then 3+1 time pips mixing w/other pips, fair 1300

I could hear the 3+1 time pips easily, Bruce.  A woman was speaking before and possibly the ID.  After the TOH, went into a male.  This is undoubtedly the KK.  Totally different to 13:07 when the CC station totally is dominant.  In fact by 13:01, I can hear the CC station co-channel.  Thanks for pointing that out and IDing the first station!.

>747   JAPAN, JOIB, JJ talk & time pips 1300, this and 774 not all that strong despite good conditions

Japan really picked up after 13:15 I found this morning.

>750   ALASKA, KFQD clobbering KXL w/jingle ID & CBS news

Agree, the 2 fight it out with KXL having FOX news, while KFQD has CBS news.

>828   JAPAN JOBB good w/woman in JJ 1208

I wasn't up that early, but 828 has been the strongest NHK2 station this season (right up there with 774).  Nice ID at 13:19

>963   CHINA (presumed), bits of audio in bad CFAC splat 1213

Went back to hear them at good level at 13:20 in RR today.

>972   S KOREA, good w/YL in KK 1210, loud w/man in KK 1340, gone by 1352

Always good here, and one of the latest Asians to disappear.

>1278   UNID talk in unid lang weak 1228

Weak audio hear.

>1287   JAPAN, JOHR, fair-good JJ woman 1226

This one's usually stronger than 1278.

>1359   UNID, decent carrier hetting local KKMO 1230, undoubtedly China but no clear audio.  However, Spanish talk and Mexican music can sound a lot like Chinese when you've got the radio tuned 1 kHz off channel in narrow bandwidth LSB mode ;-)

Same here.

>1377   CHINA, CC talk fair-poor 1226
>
>1395   MYSTERY, fair carrier weak audio, YL talk 1247
>
>1422   JAPAN, JORF, JJ woman fair 1235

These 3 are their, but can't make much out of them this morning.

>1566   S KOREA, HLAZ, monster signal w/church service 1236

Agree.  Huge signal here as well.

>1575   THAILAND, VOA good w/YL in SE Asia lang 1238

"Welcome to the Voice of American in Japanese" at 13:00 at excellent level.