[IRCA] TPs from the Oregon Coast for 9/15 ? Late Rise for DUs

[IRCA] TPs from the Oregon Coast for 9/15 ? Late Rise for DUs

Hi all:

I'm in Newport, Oregon for a few days on business ? I wish all such trips
could be near places like this with its great DX potential (oh yeah, I
hear it's also got a really nice ocean beach or something to that effect).
 After determining that my hotel room wasn't going to cut it, I have
camped out on a State Park picnic bench the past two mornings.  A State
trooper flashed a curious floodlight my way this morning about a half hour
before sunrise, but apparently a lone DXer isn't considered a threat to
the public - at any rate, I would have resisted arrest, since DX
opportunities like this come FAR too infrequently for me :-)

After a lackluster Monday morning here with only the bigger Japanese and
Korean guns being heard, and an eerie deadness early this morning, things
really picked up as sunrise neared.  Local sunrise was 1356.  All heard on
a Kchibo D96L with Crate loop active/passive loop (Quantum Loop base),
using a barefoot Sony 7600GR as a spotter.  I skipped around quite a bit,
so the following is chronological rather than by frequency (sorry!):

738  Tahiti at 1256 with good French language banter.  Still good when I
checked again at 1357.
828  Japan at 1300 with NHK synchros ? this surfaced with audio before
693, 747 or 774
1575 VOA-Thailand at 1311 with a HUGE signal at this time, discernable on
the barefoot D96L
594 Japan at 1315, finally coming in, eventually checked against 567
parallel frequency at 1347
675 at 1317 with unknown mumbling man's voice
891 at 1325 ? pile-up, one DU and another with a woman's Asian language
936 at 1328 ? unknown female Asian voice, probably CC
972 at 1331 ? two, one which sounded like KK, the other an unknown female
announcer
1134 at 1334 ? music at good level, presumed CC
1566 HLAZ at 1339 ? finally faded up to a decent level, with a slow,
monotone male announcer (my third grade teacher???)
1575-VOA at 1340 ? much weaker than at 1311 but still quite listenable
567 Japan at 1347 ? paralleled with 594
576 at 1344 ? Russian male announcer at good level, presumed RV1030
639 at 1346 ? not //594, so presumed Chinese
693 Japan at 1347 ? now easily the strongest of the NHK-2 Big 4
891 Australia at 1348 ? clear male anouncer's voice, nice ID at 1350
819 Unknown at 1352 ? vocal music of some sort
774 Japan at 1355 ? finally becoming the strongest NHK-2 station, no hint
of DU.  Best on 773, away from 780-KKOH
558 Unknown at 1401 ? woman's Asian voice

Being a little after sunrise, things started dissipating away.....but wait!

531 ? great signal from Australia at 1402 ? mentions of meddling
politicians in Canberra, etc.  Good steady signal for about five minutes
612 ? very good level at 1406-1408 discussing Australian cricket, so
presumed 4QR
774 ? 3LO decent at 1412 but fading away in the vacuum created by JOUB,
with discernable Aussie accented male announcer.
891 was not heard during this last gasp.

This was still going on 15 minutes after sunrise here.  I had to get going
to work, but things were starting to fade, so I probably didn't miss much.

73 ? Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA (usually)