[IRCA] TPs from Orcas Is. Sept 13

It was another good (not great) loband morning for me here, with Walt and I hearing much the same stuff on the Asian side of things. The high band action was limited to the biggest guns plus DUs on 1107 and 1224 right at dawn, when antennas usually seem to be omni-directional. (I also had DU on 612 at that time.)

Low band was quite interesting, with the biggest deal being 900-Victoria being completely off the air for a while. Unfortunately, all that garnered me was ESPN in Wenatchee, central Washington state, but it did give me a chance to hope that the college had finally pulled the plug in Victoria. Unfortunately by 1350, Victoria was back with an anemic, undermodulated signal. POO!

Interesting channels:

540 had very low level CC with echoes fairly early. Likely the CNR1s

711 Korean KBS1 was huge

720 where Walt was hearing KK, I had CNR2. I've been hunting for good CNR2 parallels and have had good luck on 6155//7245//7315. No sign of the sometime EE on CNR2 at 1300-1400, though maybe it is the weekend? Even heard CNR2 on my ULR hooked to the Wellbrook.

765 I continue to hear mystery echoed programming here.

837 I think that I had the Korean Christian broadcaster here, though I an not confident of my recognition of Korean. There is a regional Manchurian broadcaster here and, if they are in Manchurian rather than standard CC, it could have been them.

918 By process of elimination, this must have been Shangdong this morning. It was CC, but not // to 720//6155, etc. Heard also on ULR

963 RR and 972 Korea are getting wiped out much of the time tghis fall by other co-channel Asians. Was unable to // 963 and 1089, as 1089 was down.

Everything else on the low band was pretty much the usual suspects.

It was a nice morning.

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights