[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 12 Sep 2009

Another "interesting" morning, with conditions apparently quite different from further west. Listened from about 1215 to 1300, and early on CNR1 on 981 gave me my best Chinese signal of the season thus far. Also noted China on 1206 and 1044. Japan was not exceptional today, but the regular powerhouses were all heard, along with some second tier stations on 1053, 1089, and 1287. A few freqs with audio that was too weak to ID: 738, 837, 1062, 1125, 1215 (sounded Chinese). The biggest surprise was finding the VOA in English from the Philippines alone on 1170, with 100% copy for about 10 minutes until it began to fade shortly before 1300. That's one I've only heard a couple of times previously, and made me wonder if possibly the 1062 unID had been Filipino. That's a tough frequency though ,with Calgary on 1060.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta