[IRCA] SPANISH on 1090 Khz.....KMXA Simulcasting KXPK???? as per Saul Chernos Tip.....

[IRCA] SPANISH on 1090 Khz.....KMXA Simulcasting KXPK???? as per Saul Chernos Tip.....

Hi Guys:

After seeing Saul's tip a few minutes I tuned into 1090 Khz and I'm hearing the same SPANISH Station Saul did. I had reported this Station last Spring when it was fighting it out with WBAL and Kitchener Ontario before it went over to FM. It was highly suspected that this was KMXA...but I never got a Good ID on it!!

Tonight I tuned from 0056 to 0110 EDT and heard the following......

Lively Mexican flavored Music with Accordians and SPANISH Vocals.
Male DJ Spoke @ 0100 EDT with JINGLES and an ID with a K in it. However...I believe the K was the LAST LETTER in the Call....
Into More Spanish Vocals and Accordian Music til 0110 EDT.

Now if Saul heard a Call with a K as the FIRST Letter of the Call....that would make sense...as I heard a K as the Last letter.

KMXA I believe SIMULCASTS it's Sister Station ......La Tricolor whose Calls are KXPK 96.5 FM.

So.....it is my belief, Saul...that we are indeed hearing the Colorado Station KMXA....perhaps on DayPower???

Is anyone else hearing this....hopefully someone with a Better Signal that can confirm this is them???

I'm gonna stay with this for a while, and see if I can get more???

73...ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
London, Ontario CANADA