Re: [IRCA] TPs Sept 3: Orcas Island Down a Bit, But Interesting

Re: [IRCA] TPs Sept 3: Orcas Island Down a Bit, But Interesting

Hi John,

Last Sunday morning at Grayland there was good propagation to both Asia and
 Tahiti, and I had a chance to investigate the 738 "ragged carrier" from a
much better DXing location than Puyallup.

Tahiti had a very clean carrier and good audio, but the opposite loop
direction (Asiatic TP) had a ragged, "North Korean"sounding carrier with weak
audio. After digging out the audio, I was fairly sure it was Mandarin Chinese
 (or at least one of the Chinese dialects, of which I do have some
familiarity).  Unfortunately I did not check the 1143 parallel at the time, however,
being  preoccupied with chasing DU's during the short one-night trip. So I
can't say  that I'm 100% sure of the Taiwan Fisheries identity, but this
ragged 738 TP  carrier certainly has both strength and nastiness, reminding one
of  Pyongyang-657 at its worst.

73, Gary

In a message dated 9/3/2009 10:41:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,