Re: [IRCA] Alberta TP's for 31 Aug 2009

At 07:17 PM 8/31/2009, you wrote:
> Actually a fair number of carriers noted this morning, but all apparently of DU origin.  The only one that reached audio was old reliable 4BC on 1116, which was actually quite good for several minutes shortly after 1230 UTC.
>
>73,
>
>Nigel Pimblett
>Dunmore, Alberta

I had a chance to have a quick listen.  Sure I had some audio, but as John said, it was like someone put 20 or 30 dB of attenuation between the antenna and my Perseus SDR.  1566 was there....weakly.  Nothing on 1575.  738 with weak French.  828, 747 and 774 all there with weak NHK2 programming.  702 had a relatively good DU.  639 Radio Fiji with weak audio.  612 Brisbane relatively strong (sounded // to 702).  585 was another DU station in English.  Not clear exactly who this is.  Almost the strongest of the bunch at 13:09.  576 and 567 were also there at fair level.  I suspect the South directed loop would have been far better!  In summary, a mixture of DU and JJ stations heard, none at particularly good levels, though, but  not a total washout!  ....Walt in Victoria, BC