Re: [IRCA] TPs for 24Aug09: DU all the way (but late)

Re: [IRCA] TPs for 24Aug09: DU all the way (but late)

At 02:51 8/25/2009, Brian wrote:

Hi Walt.

I just don't get this.  You get audio booming in but, listening at the same
time, I only get carriers.  We're not that far apart and my loop was oriented
for Australia.

Is this typical for MW or am I in some RF dead zone?  That comparison of
simultaneous Perseus LW recordings that we did gave almost identical results.

It seems to be very important to use a directional antenna for receiving
overseas signals, Brian, and Walt has a couple of very good corner fed loops,
large size for good signal strength, plus directionality that knocks down
splatter from domestic stations off the back end.

best wishes,

Nick