Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA DU's for 8-23

Walt and Others,

The difference in TP and DU propagation between John and the rest of  us
seems really bizarre.

I had no trace of any TP audio this morning, but had decent audio from
738-Tahiti (1255) and threshold audio from 639-Fiji (despite a  seriously
under-modulated signal). 648-Rhema was also close to audio. These  three DU's
only stuck around for about 10-15 minutes, then fizzled out. During  the three
times I have checked the band within the past week, these three  stations
always seem to fade up quickly around 1250, then fizzle out quickly.  Even
when I check other big-gun Kiwi frequencies, they never seem to join in the
party. (567 is hopeless because of semi-local KVI-570).

Maybe I should just be thankful to receive DU's here at all-- until this
week, they seemed like a lost cause here in Puyallup. The new 8' passive
loop helps a lot, but it seems to have a really bizarre preference  for these
three stations, no matter what other DXers are hearing  :>)

73, Gary

In a message dated 8/23/2009 11:20:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
salmaniw@xxxxxxx writes:

At 11:09  AM 8/23/2009, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>For some reason,  the Asiatic TP's reported by everyone else this morning
>did not  make it to this Puyallup Valley location. There was some modest
DU
>reception, however-- the opposite location from what I had  always
assumed my
>modest DXing environment would favor.

Not everyone, Gary!  I was just about totally DU this morning as
well....Walt

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org