Re: [IRCA] [Tvfmdx] Frank FM 97.1 on 1310- Still ???

Re: [IRCA] [Tvfmdx] Frank FM 97.1 on 1310- Still ???

HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS wrote:
Since John is hearing it at night, makes me wonder if some satellite
feed has gotten hosed * and the 1310 station is pulling in unintended
programming?  Could 1310 be stunting?  JD mentioned Nasau broadcasting -
that had been discussed but maybe John should contact them, directly.
I'm no help at all - 1310 is all local WTLC-AM and oddly we do have a
97.1 but it's Hank-FM and quite Country. :)

I've been pondering this one as I've been driving around the last couple of days, and here's what I'm thinking: this may not be a licensed station.

"Frank FM" is a trademarked name belonging to Nassau Broadcasting, and they own no stations on either 1310 or 97.1. What's more, I can't find even a single instance of a co-owned 1310/97.1 pair anywhere in the US or Canada. Only a couple of 97.1s even share a market with a 1310 (Dallas, most notably) - and they're competitors, in each case.

I wonder if this is someone's hobby Part 15 station, perhaps running on both AM and FM from somewhere relatively close to John?