Re: [IRCA] Low-Powered CBC Stations in Nova Scotia, circa 1993

Re: [IRCA] Low-Powered CBC Stations in Nova Scotia, circa 1993

Hi John,

Your posting aroused my curiosity, and I dug out my Nova Scotia maps. A 1980 one just lists the main stations, but the one dated 1968-69 includes the stations as you described in your last post. The list on the older map also includes the two shortwave outlets Nova Scotia had at the time. I remember hearing the Halifax one, but the Sydney one had gone before I got into DXing.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

  John Cereghin wrote:

To follow up on this- I did find another official Nova Scotia highway
map in my collection, but it is undated.  It is probably dated in the
late 1970s, since highway 101 is not depicted on this map,  The city
maps are hand-drawn- ugh!  There is a radio station list that includes
some of these stations listed below.

Quinan, CBAF-8 on 600 is a French CBC station and the calls are given as CBAS
Sheet Harbour or Canso, CBAZ on 1230.  This station is not listed on this map
Larrys River, CBAU on 1370.  This station is not listed on this map.
Arichat, CBAF-13 on 610.  This station is not listed on this map.
Cheticamp, CBHE on 1380.  This station is not listed on this map.
Wedgeport, CBAF-7 on 990 is listed as a French CBC station with calls CBAA

Some other presumed low-powered CBC stations, all in French, are
listed on this map:
Digby, CBAE on  990
Meteghan, CBAH on 580
Weymouth, CBAG on 1550
Yarmouth, CBAJ on 1230

Were all the low-powered CBC stations in Nova Scotia broadcasting
French programming?

John Cereghin
Smyrna DE