Re: [IRCA] July 25-26 Grayland DXpedition

Re: [IRCA] July 25-26 Grayland DXpedition

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your comments. I suppose all DXpedition sites are tradeoffs in
accessibility, isolation, and convenience.

Grayland's relative isolation is a boon for antenna tinkerers hoping  to
escape urban QRM, but like Mark Connelly says, ultra-sensitive loops with
figure-8 reception patterns might be fun at Grayland, but would not be  the
first choice in the Northeast.

Anyway, we hope the Victoria DXers can join us for a joint  session again
sometime, despite the long drive to Grayland. Just like  we can forget about
the Puget Sound splatter, you can forget about "Village 900"  and "All-News
1070."   :>)

73, Gary

In a message dated 7/24/2009 11:16:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nhp@xxxxxxxx writes:

At 05:55  7/25/2009, you wrote:
>Thanks Walt,
>
>We still hope that  you and the other Victoria DXers can join us for a
DXing
> session  sometime again in Grayland, even though Vancouver Island
probably
>has many great ocean beach locations more convenient for you. Grayland  is

>not quite as exotic as Italy or the Queen Charlottes, but the  South
Pacific
>can really boom in there when DXers hit the summer  dates right.

Actually Gary, there's nothing really like  Grayland that I know of on
Vancouver Island.   An awful lot of our  coast is trees on rocks sloping steeply
into the water, and the parts that  aren't, are parkland that isn't DXer
friendly.

Now, if Grayland  was two hours from here, I'd visit more frequently...

best  wishes,

Nick

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org

**************A bad credit score is 600 & below. Checking won't affect your
score. See now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585106x1201462830/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgI