[IRCA] PL-300WT/ G8 Watch Battery-- The Full Story

[IRCA] PL-300WT/ G8 Watch Battery-- The Full Story

Hi Deane,

Thanks for your comments.

 I thought about that possibility also, but the component delivered a
steady 2.2 volts over a one minute period, certainly more like a battery than a
capacitor. But I could be wrong, since I've never seen a battery hard-wired
into  a circuit board. The main goal of my investigation was to find out
what functions would be affected by the component's removal, and to allay the
 fears of some owners that their radios would be useless once this
component went  on the blink. I think the evidence is clear that the battery/
capacitor has a  very limited function, and that there is no need to be concerned
with it.

73, Gary

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.