Thank you.....

Derek Vincent

Vmedia360.......everywhere

On Jul 4, 2009, at 9:09 AM, "Steve Ratzlaff" <steveratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Derek,
The term "longwire" generally refers to an unterminated wire antenna running in two directions, with a bi-directional response. That's what my longwires are. I'm blessed with a rural location with room to string a 1600 foot E/W longwire and a 400 foot N/S longwire. The E/W runs east; the N/S runs south. Both use matching transformers and ground rods at the transformers, and coax cable run to the radio room. I primarily DX LF beacons (NDBs) but like to try for some of the TP (and TA) medium wave signals that occasionally make it inland here.
73,
Steve
NE Oregon (Elgin,OR)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Vincent" <eargazimm@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Saturday

Hey I see you use long wires.... Well how long??? What type.??? Beverage , giant ewe??? You seem to getting great results... Magic???

Thank you.....

Derek Vincent

Vmedia360.......everywhere

On Jul 4, 2009, at 5:36 AM, "Steve Ratzlaff" <steveratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Happy 4th of July to the US folks. Today had some DU reception along with usual (of late) Tahiti, with a little better overall levels this morning. 738 Tahiti with poor French talk early, 1134 utc, on a first check before doing the NDB check. Later 648 very poor, unknown language 1205; 891 with DU talk poor 1206; 1116 with DU talk poor/weak 1207; 1107 woman talking in EE poor, unknown who that would be 1209. Back to 738 Tahiti peaking at occasional weak/medium 1214 eventually fading away around 1225 utc.
180 and 279 Radio Rossii poor at 1133 utc.
Steve
NE Oregon
R75, longwires