Re: [IRCA] Russian on 1710

It could also be a mixing product from CHMJ-730 and CKNW-980 (730+980=1710). John's a lot closer to Vancouver than he is to Seattle.

Bruce

satya@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
You probably heard the KOMO-1000 and KIRO-710 mixing product, with KOMO on
top.  It's an easy catch from where I am, unfortunately, being about 11
miles from their 100,000 combined watts.

Maybe you could QSL them both, sort of a 2-for-1???

Kevin

This morning a bit after dawn, I fired up the big rig hooked to a
super loop and I could hear two things on 1710. One, the dominant,
was obviously an EE mixing product or image that I was too lazy to
ID.  The other might have been Russian, though it was too weak to be sure.

I'm looking forward to getting back to dawn TP DXing here in the next
week.

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA