[IRCA] FM antenna connector for the PL-300WT/G8?

[IRCA] FM antenna connector for the PL-300WT/G8?

Hi all:

Given the incredible FM performance of this new receiver, I am wondering
one could:
1.  Remove the whip antenna and desolder its connection to the board
2.  Install a 1/8" jack on the upper right-hand side of the case, with the
inside of the jack taking up the cavity where the whip used to be.
3.  Solder a connection from the tip of the jack to the FM antenna
connection, and the barrel of the jack to a suitable ground somewhere on
the board.

This might be a great way to use the receiver as an FM tuner that would
accept an external antenna, depending on what impedance the board
connection is looking for (anyone have a guess what the whip antenna
impedance is?)  One could also plug in a length of wire for mobile use to
emulate the whip, and a longer length of wire (I think John Cereghin
mentioned that clipping extra wire onto the whip worked well) may pay
dividends as well.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA