[IRCA] Sony ICF-PRO80 non-working, worth anything?

[IRCA] Sony ICF-PRO80 non-working, worth anything?

Got one of these off eBay for a cheap price (well under $100). Seller didn't tell me it's dead on AM narrow & AM wide, has only weak hiss on SSB, & FM gets strong stations at low volume, with the sound cutting out for a tiny fraction of a second every 2 seconds. Test done with good batteries, also got manual & car plug-in with it but no home AC adaptor.

Anyone interested in buying as possibly repairable or for parts? If not, what should I ask for from the seller? If I was out the shipping both ways, that would be significant. Seller claimed new condition & said nothing about defects, but I figured it wouldn't be perfect when a good one goes for $400-500. Any comments, thanks. 73, George S., MN